Details for Job ID# S864
Date Posted - 6-26-2019
Category - Sales & Marketing
Position Title - Bakery Market Manager - Packaging Machinery
Location - Boston or Atlanta
Our client is a leading manufacturer of a wide variety of packaging machinery offering tray sealing, flow pack, meal assembly, thermoforming, skin, stretch, secondary packaging and more for both food and non food applications Food applications include meat, dairy, fresh, frozen, meal assembly, bakery, snacks and pet food.
The Bakery Market Manager will be responsible for developing a Bakery Segment Marketing and Sales program to expand sales opportunities for the companyís packaging machinery in that market arena. This position will develop a training and sales program for the Regional Sales Managers (RSMs). Will travel with the RSMs to visit customers for introduction of Client's products and for the collection of data to be used in the presentation of packaging machinery solutions. Will work with the HFFS Equipment Technical Administrator to process product and application data for creation of quotations using internal CRM system. Will also assist in conducting customer machine demonstrations as well as assist potential or existing customers with package development and testing.
- Assist Sales group in developing commercial opportunities in the Bakery Industry for packaging machinery.
- Travel and support RSMs for customer presentations and sales process.
- Teach RSMs about bakery market segment and details required for collection of customer data for preparing proposals.
- Work closely with third party suppliers of supporting technologies (printing, labeling, feeding solutions etc.) to develop complete and profitable solution selling.
- Communicate with factory regarding engineering of potential machine applications, request of layout drawings, factory product samples, and customer visits.
- Perform competitive win/loss analysis for feedback into product line and sales strategy.
- Manage pricing strategy to optimize product segment market share and profitability.
- Communicate directly with customers to confirm application data via in person visits, e-mail and telephone.
- Identify current competitive solutions and disseminate information internally as appropriate.
- Provide support in preparing documentation for sales group for presentation and related to proposals.
- Work with marketing to develop promotions, sales incentives and advertising campaigns as necessary.
- Coordinate the necessary training of the sales team to support and enhance the sales process for optimal efficiency with the goal of having a min. 20% close rate on new sales opportunities developed into formal proposals.
- Communicate with sale force on information related to machinery proposals and product sample requests.
- Assist in coordinating sample making and customer demonstrations in-house.
- Attend occasional trade shows to support sales team as well as stay informed of customer expectations and market developments.
- Stay current on new applications, capabilities and new developments from film and materials suppliers
- Bachelorís degree from an accredited educational institution
- 5 years related sales/marketing support experience
- Packaging machinery and bakery industry experience required.
- Ability to interpret documents such as application data sheets, quote requests, and equipment layout drawings.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experienced with Processing & Spreadsheet software, Internet software & Contact Management systems .
- Must be proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite and Windows platform.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks or AutoCAD would be a big plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50-60% for sales support and trade shows. International travel may be require
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to 115K plus 1% commission on related equipment sales.
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -