Details for Job ID# E867
Date Posted - 7-3-2019
Category - Engineering
Position Title - Engineering Manager - metal can plant
Location - Hanover. PA
Our client is a leading supplier of rigid packaging used by consumer products companies throughout the U.S. Their metal and aluminum cans dominate the food and beverage marketplace. The Hanover plant manufacturers Food Cans using traditional 3-pc equipment.
The Engineering Manager must possess the desire and ability to manage maintenance and repair for all areas of the plant. As a member of the team the Engineering Manager will be a partner in the Operations Division whose role is to supervise and coordinate all plant maintenance personnel to ensure an effective and efficient low cost plant operation. Reports to the Plant Manager.
- Design, implement and maintain preventive as well as predictive maintenance programs. Oversee full wastewater treatment systems.
- Oversee full wastewater treatment systems. Prepare and administer department budget within established guidelines for maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
- Manage all processes and equipment to meet state & federal compliance requirements i.e. – air permits, WWT discharge permits, OHSA safety standards, etc.
- Maintain plant quality performance standards.
- Able to manage and direct an engineering staff and workforce
- Facilitates and fosters a teamwork oriented philosophy.
- Responsible for all of the engineering department safety related matters.
- Plans and Oversees Capital Expenditure items including equipment purchases, contracted labor and in-house construction and fabrication projects.
- Provide on and off-hour emergency response including; equipment repair, damage control, and assignment of support personnel as needed.
- Facilitates and supports EHS programs such as hazardous waste disposal programs.
- Provides necessary training to new and existing employees.
- Keeps up on technological changes such as retrofitting machinery to meet today’s new laws and efficiency standards.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Plant Manage
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with modern equipment maintenance (TPM), high speed forming presses, electrical, chilled water systems, compressed air systems, building maintenance, waste water treatment, printing presses and curing ovens.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills – managing supervisors and hourly PM&R
- Ability and desire to work in a team oriented environment.
- BS level degree in Engineering or related discipline and 3-5 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in capital project management, handling vendors and contractors.
- Experience in Microsoft office and CAD.
- Experience in managing repair expense budgets
- Experience in implementing and maintaining a plant preventative maintenance program
- Demonstrated ability, experience and understanding of CMMS, work orders and storeroom/spare parts processes.
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to 95K. Excellent relocation program
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -