Details for Job ID# S871
Date Posted - 7-17-2019
Category - Sales & Marketing
Position Title - Account Manager - Industrial Bulk Containers (IBC's)
Location - Central California Valley
Our client is the leading manufacturer of custom Industrial Bulk Containers (IBC's) and reusable containers including polyethylene container systems with wooden, steel or plastic pallet attached for bulk quantities. Markets include pharmaceutical, food, lubricant & chemical industries.
Position is responsible for selling industrial packaging products to existing customers and prospective clients, predominately in the agricultural industry. Maintains existing business and assists Business Unit Sales/Marketing management to achieve new sales. Reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing - South.
• Communicates with existing customers and manages accounts to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Maintains Client’s existing business by developing and presenting “value propositions” to existing customers.
• Interfaces with Client's employees in functional areas including but not limited to Production, Customer Service, Accounts Receivable and Shipping in order to provide customer satisfaction.
• Interacts with and assists Business Unit Sales/Marketing management to achieve new sales.
• Creates detailed proposals and quotes.
• Delivers samples/prototypes to customers.
• Completes and updates sales related paperwork.
• Travels within territory as required.
• Maintains good working relationships with Client's plants that service customers in the assigned territory.
• Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good daily safety practices and habits.
• May solicit requests for quotes
• For under-performing accounts, may execute re-pricing action where possible, substitute with higher pocket margin specification or otherwise, re-price to achieve target pocket margin.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Over 5 years industrial sales experience
• No more than 3 companies in past 10 years
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, planning and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to perform cold customer calls and follow-up on leads.
• Negotiation skills are required.
• Experience interfacing with manufacturing plant to determine lost and new customer opportunities.
• Experienced creating and delivering detailed proposals and quotes.
• Successful improving under-performing accounts
• Must live in Central California Valley (North of Bakersfield, South of Sacramento, east of the mountains, west to the ocean)
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to 90K plus bonus target of 60%.
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -