Details for Job ID# M875
Date Posted - 7-31-2019
Category - Manufacturing
Position Title - Operations Manager - paperboard packaging
Location - Wausau, WI
Our client is one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. This plant is a specialty manufacturing facility producing pressed paperboard laminated bowls and various printed trays for fast food applications, consumer food products and microwave packaging
The Operations Manager is responsible for planning, directing and managing a manufacturing value stream from printing through finishing of approximately $100M plus in sales to achieve operating goals and objectives consistent with plant and division objectives. The Operations Manager directs the safe manufacture of products through the value stream at the lowest cost consistent with established specifications, quality, quantity and delivery. Plant has two unions. Position is responsible for 200 of the 300 hourly employees in the plant including two Converting Managers, who lead the day to day production activities at the site. The individual selected will be a member of the site leadership team. Reports to the Plant Manager. The intent is for the position to be a developmental opportunity for those with the drive, skills and motivation to be a future Plant Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, Master's Degree a plus
- 8-10 years of operations management experience in the packaging industry - folding carton experience is ideal but corrugated, flexible packaging, rigid plastics or metal containers experience also works.
- Proven leadership ability in manufacturing sites
- Background in union environment preferred but not mandatory.
- Strong business acumen and operations - based financial analysis skills
- Ability to build high performing and collaborative teams
- Technical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate process improvement teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate vision/mission
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to motivate people
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Intenet skills
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus
- Ability and desire to relocate within 3-5 years for promotion to Plant Manager
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to 130K plus 25% bonus potential. Excellent relocation program.
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -