Details for Job ID# T879
Date Posted - 9-17-2019
Category - Technical
Position Title - Product Development Engineer - flexible packaging
Location - Battle Creek, MI
Our client is a leading flexible packaging converter with over 4,000 employees and 28 production facilities worldwide specialize in extrusion, lamination, flexographic printing and converting of plastic and paper products.
As a Product Development Engineer you will join a team that works together to deliver inspiration that is gained from blending Art, Science and Technology to create the perfect flexible packaging that accentuates customers' brands, protects their product, sustains the earth, and inspires consumers. This position is an opportunity to utilize your flexible packaging technical knowledge and partner with operations, sales, marketing and customer service teams to grow the business and positively impact the results specifically for the Consumer and Pet sector of the Packaging division.
- Manage multiple new product development projects from ideation to commercialization
- Scope includes new products, product improvements, new material qualifications, and key cost-out opportunities
- Coordinate and supervise internal production trials and on-site customer filling trials
- Develop process and quality specifications, and ensure a smooth scale-up process
- Interface with customers to identify needs and attend trials and qualifications
- Interface with suppliers to identify alternate materials, new technologies and/or processes to meet changing customer and market needs
- Provide structure and processes recommendations for bids and new quotes
- Support operations and plant technical staff on the resolution of difficult quality issues
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, etc.
- 5+ yeas of Flexible Packaging Product Development experience –
- Process experience: blown and cast film, extrusion and adhesive lamination, printing, and bag/pouch converting
- Detail oriented with advanced organizational skills; Project management experience is preferred
- Proven strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Located in Battle Creek, MI
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to $90,000 plus 10% bonus opportunity. Relocation expenses covered.
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -